Who is this Qualification for?
22470VIC Certificate II in Engineering Studies is an Accredited Course for senior secondary students (in general) as a forerunner to considering a career in engineering.
It provides an overview of engineering, fabricating and electrical components that would be experienced and further expanded on, in a career in the manufacturing, engineering industries.
There are no prerequisites for individual units of competency within this qualification.
The aim of this course is to provide pre-employment training and pathways in the engineering, manufacturing or related industries and to accommodate entry into the wider engineering industry.
The 22470VIC Certificate II in Engineering Studies aims to:
- provide graduates with broad-based underpinning competencies in a range of engineering skills such as basic machining, fabrication and use of tools which will enhance their entry-level employment prospects including apprenticeships and traineeships
- provide experience in, and knowledge of a range of occupations at engineering trade level enabling graduates to make more informed choices in the selection of vocational career paths
- foster the development of social and personal skills relevant to participation in the engineering industry by integrating general competencies as part of the course
enable participants to gain a recognised credential and credits for further training as an apprentice or trainee.
This is a competency-based program.
You must complete 11 units of competency in total; 7 core units plus 4 elective units. This is usually achieved over 2 years via VET in Schools Units 1-2 and Units 3-4.
Participants who successfully complete this qualification have the option of a future pathway into the following:
- Certificate I in Engineering
- Certificate II in Engineering
- Certificate III in Engineering
- Certificate IV in Engineering
- Diploma in Engineering
- Advanced Diploma in Engineering
- and other Engineering Qualifications
Participants may continue studies through to enrolment in a university degree, applying for articulation on a case-by-case basis.
How to apply?
Please complete our online enquiry form or phone us on 03 9769 5155 to discuss your training requirements.