Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is the acknowledgment of skills and knowledge obtained through formal training, work experience or life experience. The main focus of RPL is the learning outcomes of those experiences, not how, when or where the learning occurred.
This process is also used for the Recognition of Current Competency (RCC)
What can RPL do for me?
- recognise formal and informal learning experiences
- define individual position of candidates in relation to Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) and Industrial “C” Classification, where applicable
- the establishment of the current status of competencies for candidates
- develop pathways for the achievement of competencies, Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) qualifications, and where appropriate, enterprise specific competencies and employment goals
- provide a path of further education and training for the achievement of set goals
Educational Living will facilitate the RPL process in conjunction with course trainer/assessor, subject matter specialists, work place mentors and any other specialists to ensure a fair, valid and reliable assessment outcome in accordance with the related competency standards.
Credit Transfer (CT) is the acknowledgment of skills and knowledge obtained via formal qualifications previously completed. It provides a means for candidates to gain credit in an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) qualification on the basis of completed components of another AQF qualification or other formal learning.
A Credit Transfer is granted when a candidate can demonstrate successfully, completion of the same unit code and title that is also included in the qualification the candidate intends to undertake.